Home Forums News Winter programme

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Mark Ward

Morning all,
    The summer programme of events is coming to a close and I am thinking about setting up the winter programme. Last year the Tuesday evening sessions at Kong seemed to be quite popular providing a bit of exercise and they proved to be quite social. Also the winter Scramble meets proved to be popular so I propose to programme these activities again over the winter period.

I am currently mulling over including a series of shorter/lower level walks to try to provide meeting opportunities which are less weather sensitive accross the autumn/winter, perhaps to places which are off the beaten track a bit and hopefully with a bit of interest. Do you know a walk which fits this description, maybe 6-8 miles and under say 1500 ft, would you be prepared to lead it?

I am very concious that as a mountaineering club we do not arrange any winter mountaineering meets. If you are a keen winter mountaineer and would be prepared to organise one please let me know. I know several members who would be keen to join a meet… just not quite so keen on organising one!

Finally if you have any other suggestions regarding possible events, venues or activities for the winter or summer seasons I am keen to hear them. Its your club you can influence where we go and what we do but unfortunately Im not psychic so you will need to email me!

Please do not respond directly to this email, respond to me via email to markward1962@gmail.com or through the KMC WhatsApp group

Cheers
    Mark

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.