Home Forums Meet information and reports Skills Sharing Day Saturday 13 Apr 2024

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Stu Gorman

Following on from last years successful skills share meet, we are looking to run the event again this year at the start of the outdoor climbing season. The skills share meet is designed for new and existing members and will focus on passing on skills and knowledge to help members build confidence and support their climbing progression.

The date and location of the meet is Saturday 13th April 2024 at Head End Quarry.

Members looking to participate can sign up to one of two themes of coaching;

– Competent Seconding Skills
    – Transition to Lead Climbing

As well as participants, we will be looking for experienced club members to help support by coaching and passing on their skills.

This would be a great meet for new members looking for their first opportunity to get out. Last year had a very relaxed and friendly atmosphere with lots of encouragement and safe spaces to ask those ‘silly questions’ and help each other. I am looking to create the same environment this time.

Given the nature of the meet, having people confirm attendance upfront will help us plan.

Can you please email or WhatsApp message me to ‘sign up’ as a participant or volunteer coach.

My email address is stu_dan@hotmail.com or 07854 083438 on WhatsApp.

Thanks everyone and look forward to seeing you outside on Lakeland rock soon.

Stu Gorman

#65181 Share
    Stu Gorman

This Saturday, we have our Skills Share meet looking to support our members, new and existing to brush up on their seconding and leading skills before the main summer meets.

The venue is the same as this Thursday, Head End Quarry, a great location for a chilled, slow pace meet to chat, practise skills and get in a route or two.

Names I have for the meet are:

Volunteers
    – [ ] Steve Hardy
    – [ ] Mark Megan
    – [ ] Judith Brown
    – [ ] Stuart Gorman
    – [ ] Robin Newynn
    – [ ] Mark Ward

Participants
    – [ ] Euan Austin
    – [ ] Rachel Clarke (Second)
    – [ ] Paul Pitchford (Second)
    – [ ] Carol (Second)
    – [ ] Craig Oliver (Lead)
    – [ ] Audrey Mitchell (Lead)
    – [ ] Luke Bell
    – [ ] Sam McLoughlin (Lead)
    – [ ] Anne (refresh)

If anyone else plans on coming, please drop me a WhatsApp message or email directly to stu_dan@hotmail.com

The weather is looking a little mixed but the morning and early afternoon currently forecasted dry so we shall say the meet is on.

We shall kick off at 0930 and keep an eye on the weather for finish time, no later than 1500.

Please keep an eye on emails and WhatsApp should the weather change.

Thanks!

Stu Gorman

#65358 Share
    Stu Gorman

Skills Share Meet – Saturday 13th April

This Saturday, we have our Skills Share meet looking to support our members, new and existing to brush up on their seconding and leading skills before the main summer meets.

The venue is the same as this Thursday, Head End Quarry, a great location for a chilled, slow pace meet to chat, practise skills and get in a route or two.

Names I have for the meet are:

Volunteers
    – [ ] Steve Hardy
    – [ ] Mark Megan
    – [ ] Judith Brown
    – [ ] Stuart Gorman
    – [ ] Robin Newynn
    – [ ] Mark Ward

Participants
    – [ ] Euan Austin
    – [ ] Rachel Clarke (Second)
    – [ ] Paul Pitchford (Second)
    – [ ] Carol (Second)
    – [ ] Craig Oliver (Lead)
    – [ ] Audrey Mitchell (Lead)
    – [ ] Luke Bell
    – [ ] Sam McLoughlin (Lead)
    – [ ] Anne (refresh)

If anyone else plans on coming, please drop me a WhatsApp message or email directly to stu_dan@hotmail.com

The weather is looking a little mixed but the morning and early afternoon currently forecasted dry so we shall say the meet is on.

We shall kick off at 0930 and keep an eye on the weather for finish time, no later than 1500.

Please keep an eye on emails and WhatsApp should the weather change.

Thanks!

Stu Gorman

#65712 Share
    Stu Gorman

*Cancellation – Skills Share Meet, due to weather *

Ive got up and gone and looked at the crag and it’s not great. We are in cloud and misty drizzle. The rock is damp also.

I am going to cancel the skills share meet. Sorry for the short notice but the weather seems to be on the worse than forecast side. It won’t be the best learning environment sitting in cloud getting wet from the start.

I will look to reschedule it in a few weeks. Apologies again.

Stu

#66253 Share
    Stu Gorman

Evening all,

We are going to try attempt 2 for the skills share meet on Saturday 11th May.

The skills share meet is designed for new and existing members and will focus on passing on skills and knowledge to help members build confidence and support their climbing progression.

The location of the meet shall be the same as last time, Head End Quarry near Ireby.

Members looking to participate can sign up to one of two themes of coaching;

– Competent Seconding Skills
    – Transition to Lead Climbing

As well as participants, we will be looking for experienced club members to help support by coaching and passing on their skills.

This would be a great meet for new members looking for their first opportunity to get out. Last year had a very relaxed and friendly atmosphere with lots of encouragement and safe spaces to ask those ‘silly questions’ and help each other. I am looking to create the same environment this time.

Given the nature of the meet, having people confirm attendance upfront will help us plan.

Can you please email or WhatsApp message me to ‘sign up’ as a participant or volunteer coach.

My email address is stu_dan@hotmail.com or 07854 083438 on WhatsApp.

Thanks,

Stu Gorman

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.