Home Forums News Skills Share Meet – 24th June 2023

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Stu Gorman

Good evening all,

Many thanks for all those who responded to my email/WhatsApp post regarding a Skills Sharing meet this summer. The session is aimed at passing on skills and knowledge to help new/existing members build confidence and support their climbing.

Given the strong show of interest, this meet is going to run.

The date is set for Saturday 24th June.

There will be two skills share sessions running on the 24th;

– Seconding skills at Headend Quarry, near Ireby.
    – Leading skills at Shepards Crag, Borrowdale

We will split over two locations to provide most suited venues and not overcrowd.

Can you please email or WhatsApp message me to ‘sign up’ as a participant or volunteer coach. Given the nature of the meet, having people confirm attendance upfront will help us plan.

My email address is stu_dan@hotmail.com

Thanks again,

Stu G

#45825 Share
    Stu Gorman

Thanks to everyone who has signed up for the Skills Share meet on Saturday 24th June.

We have decided to run both sessions at Shepards Crag, Borrowdale for ease. Start time of 0930 in the Brownslabs area. I’ll be there from 0900.

The following names are signed up;

Coaches
    Mark Ward
    Judith Brown
    Stu Gorman
    Andy Brockbank
    Mark Megan

Participants
    Craig Oliver – Seconding
    Carol Oliver – Seconding
    Steve Dixon – Leading
    Charlie Pearson – Leading
    Katherine Price – Leading
    Andrew Stevenson – Leading

Parking to the north is found at Kettlewell national trust car park with a short walk in to arrive in the Brown Crag / Brownslabs area. Best to team up with members who have a NT card to avoid expensive fee.

There is a lay-by to the south which can accommodate a few cars past the Borrowdale Hotel with a similar walk in. This will bring you into the crag in the Jackdaw area, taking the footpath behind High Lodore farm. Parking at High Lodore Farm to the south is now unavailable to climbers (contrary to most guide books that have not been updated).

Look forward to see you there. Any issues, please contact me directly via WhatsApp or email at stu_dan@hotmail.com

Stu G

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.