Home Forums Meet information and reports Shepherds Crag, Borrowdale Tuesday 25 Apr 2023

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Stu Gorman

Our next Tuesday evening meet needs little introduction. Shepherd’s Crag is the most popular climbing spot in the Borrowdale Valley, with easy road access and a large selection of routes for all climbers. The crag is split into several areas – from north to south starting with Brown Crag then North Buttress, Fishers Folly, Chamonix area and finishes with Jackdaw area. There are classic easy routes for those starting out or looking for a warm up, to some classic challenges for those looking to climb harder or push their grade.

The forecast is looking promising for Tuesday so this meet is on at present. If anything changes I will update the forum and share on WhatsApp.

I will be in the Brown Crag / Brownslabs area around 4.30 to help with partnering if needed.

Post climb drink/social to be held in the Dog & Gun, Keswick.

Parking to the north is best found at Kettlewell national trust car park with a short walk in to arrive in the Brown Crag / Brownslabs area. Best to team up with members who have a NT card to avoid expensive fee. Please use the WhatsApp group to arrange a car share into the valley.

There is a lay-by to the south which can accommodate a few cars past the Borrowdale Hotel with a similar walk in. This will bring you into the crag in the Jackdaw area, taking the footpath behind High Lodore farm.

Parking at High Lodore Farm to the south is now unavailable to climbers (contrary to most guide books that have not been updated).

Looking forward to it. Any questions, drop me a message – see you there!

Stu G

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.