There is a reasonable chance it will not be raining tomorrow, depends on which forecast you look at. Shepherd’s is a bit of a rambling crag, I’ll start off at 4pm in the Brown Slabs area if you’re looking for a partner, if you’re not just get on with it but do register your presence with me at some stage. Remember also the Covid etiquette rules that Mark recently posted – see below.
Although the risks of spreading and contracting COVID-19 when walking, scrambling or climbing outdoors are relatively low, they do exist. By taking a few simple actions that risk can be further reduced.
Meet participants are reminded to act in such a way as to minimise the risks to themselves, others attending the meet, and members of the public, of either contracting or passing on the virus. Please stick to the following simple rules:
– DO NOT attend the meet if you have, or suspect you may have, the virus, share a household with someone who has the virus or COVID symptoms, or if anyone in your household has been told to self-isolate/quarantine.
– Do not car-share with anyone who is not a member of your household/support bubble.
– During the meet respect social distancing – allow people adequate space, keeping 2 metres apart wherever possible.
– Carry hand-sanitiser and use it frequently especially after touching gates/stiles, and before and after routes when climbing.
– Do not share equipment, food or drink. Where this is unavoidable, e.g. when a second removes protection placed by the leader, remember to avoid touching your face, and hand-sanitise as soon as possible.
– Remember that there is an infection risk associated with putting gear in the mouth whilst placing and clipping gear.
– Stay within your competency levels, this is not the time to be pushing your limits. Take especial care to ease back in if you did not walk, climb or scramble as much as usual last year.
– If you or anyone in your household develops COVID or if you are instructed to self-isolate/quarantine within 14 days after the meet, you must inform the meet leader or a club official to facilitate contact tracing of other people who were in contact with you.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.