Home Forums Meet information and reports Scramble – Iron Crag, Middlefell, Wasdale Saturday 28 Oct 2023

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Michael Reaney
    Participant

Iron Crag, Middlefell Wasdale scramble 28th October

Middlefell and Buckbarrow are low lying fells on the north shore of Wastwater consisting almost entirely of broken crag. In addition to many rock climbs there’s lots of interesting scrambling on great rock with views over the lake to Scafell and the screes. From Netherbeck bridge it’s a short walk to the start of scrambling on Iron crag. A short traverse leads to further scrambling on Goat crag and the summit of Middlefell. Weather and enthusiasm permitting, we’ll head down hill to Buckbarrow, and ascend Pikes crag ridge returning via Greendale tarn and Netherbeck.

Optional swim in the lake and refreshments at the Wasdale Head Hotel afterwards. I will be carrying a rope and rack the scrambles are classified as gr3/1(iron crag) and gr2 (Pikes crag).

Meet for a 9:30 start

Parking: roadside parking by the cattle grid at Netherbeck bridge on the road to Wasdale Head, grid reference: NY 16100650. Additional parking 700m east at the NT carpark.
    I’ll provide a mid week update based on the weather forecast. Please let me if you plan to go, I can be reached by WhatsApp, phone: 07732917620 or email: mareaney1963@gmail.com

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.