Home Forums Miscellaneous Ruthwaite Lodge

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    KMC Webmaster
    Keymaster

This came in via the Contact Us form on our website…

Your Name
    Edward Leedham
    Email
    eddie252leedham@gmail.com
    Your Message
    Good afternoon,

A good friend and I are walking in the area near Helvellyn in a few days and we were hoping to gain access to Ruthwaite Lodge on New Years Eve. If possible could you point me in the direction of who owns the Lodge nowadays?
    I stayed in it as a child and have quite fond memories of the old hunters hut.

Thank you for your help,
    Edward Leedham

There is some chat on the UKC site…
    Ruthwaite Lodge, Grisedale
    This topic has been archived, and won’t accept reply postings.
    Advert
    UKC Advertising
    Northern Mountain Monkey
    20 Jan 2005
    Who owns it? I am guessing the FRCC, but is it a bothy set up in which anyone can stay?

NMM
    sutty
    20 Jan 2005
    In reply to Northern Mountain Monkey:

Used to be sheffield uni MC, no idea now.
    Pat Terdale
    20 Jan 2005
    In reply to Northern Mountain Monkey: Sheffield University, and it is normally locked.
    Sam C
    20 Jan 2005
    In reply to Northern Mountain Monkey: If your on about the hut on the approach to griesdale tarn then Outward bound but very unlikely if you get access, shame really as brilliant hut in a great location.
    OP Northern Mountain Monkey
    20 Jan 2005
    In reply to Sam C:
    Yeah.Thats the one. Cheers. If only Sheffield Uni MC owned it still…
    NMM
    Hammy
    20 Jan 2005
    In reply to Northern Mountain Monkey: Outward Bound Ullswater – used to be Sheffield Uni until some eejit managed to let the young people he was with burn it down…..

So it seems that it’s no longer owned by the Sheffield club. But no news on UKC Teton who owns it. If anyone knows who owns it or how to book it (if it’s normally locked) the reply here and to Edward Leedham.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.