Home Forums Meet information and reports Patterdale Scramble Saturday 13 Nov 2021

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Judith Brown

Forecast – Met Office opinion of Saturday’s weather is that it is “hard to pin down”, but sounds more showery than dry. MWIS, on the other hand, predicts sunshine and light winds! So, at the moment, I’m being foolishly optimistic and going with MWIS and saying the meet is ON.

If there are further developments re the weather I will send out an update on Friday. In the meantime, here are the meet details:
    Route: Tower Route, Raven Crag, Threshthwaite Cove, Hartsop. Grade 2, one star, allegedly escapable in most parts, which could be useful if it does turn wet.

Meeting Place: The small car park above Hartsop village, at 10 am. Take turning for the village from A592 and drive (carefully!) up the lane, which terminates at the parking area. Honesty Box. There is alternative parking at Cow Bridge (National Trust?) on the A592 – approx 15 minutes’ walk to Hartsop parking area.

Lifts: I will be leaving from the business park in Cockermouth at 8.45 and making a further pick-up for Keswick folk at approx 9 am at the old road near Braithwaite (where the school buses park). Let me know via my personal e-mail if you want a lift or can offer one.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.