Home Forums Meet information and reports KMC Winter Scramble Saturday 25 Jan 2020

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Judith Brown

If I thought the gloomy weather was going to give me a day off- say, a brisk walk to the nearest tea-shop – I was very much mistaken. Brendan, Mark H and Johnny were already waiting at Stonethwaite when I arrived and we were soon joined by Geraint, keen to test out the durability of the NHS fix on his injured foot.
    We ascended Cam Crag Ridge in a light drizzle. The rock was a tad slippy. Fortunately it also has good holds and a variety of routes which can be chosen according to the neck length of the individual. I suspect we climbed by five completely different approaches, ranging from Johnny’s more or less direct line and my paddle around the side on easy rocks.
    From the top we descended via Tarn at Leaves and down into Combe Ghyll where we were slightly shocked by the scale of the access road that has been cut through the valley as part of the hydro-electric works. It is supposed to be temporary during the construction so lets hope nature takes it over again soon.
    None of us got too wet and it was good to get out despite the weather.

Attachments:
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.