Home Forums News Improved access to KMC calendars

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    KMC Webmaster
    Keymaster

I thought I would remind you all about one feature of the KMC website “Subscribe to email updates”. If you go to the Events page of the site, you’ll see the diary of club events, and centrally above this list is a hyperlink “Subscribe to email updates”.

If you click on the hyperlink, a form pops up asking you for your email address, to tick an ‘I’m not a robot’ box, and to press a button entitled ‘Complete Subscription Request’.
    Once you have done this, if someone creates an event for the club, you will be emailed, notifying you that this new event has been created. For example, I received this email yesterday – notifying me of three events created by Judith…

Keswick Mountaineering Club – Events
    • Route One, Borlase Crag, Tilberthwaite
    • Pike Crag, Buckbarrow, Wasdale
    • The Napes via Climbers’ Traverse and Sphinx Ridge
    Route One, Borlase Crag, Tilberthwaite
    Posted: 07 Jan 2022 04:00 PM PST
    08/01/2022 – All Day
    Borlase Crag, Tilberthwaite
    Tilberthwaite Quarry
    Coniston
    Pike Crag, Buckbarrow, Wasdale
    Posted: 12 Feb 2022 04:00 PM PST
    13/02/2022 – All Day
    Buckbarrow, Wasdale
    Buckbarrow
    Wasdale
    The Napes via Climbers’ Traverse and Sphinx Ridge
    Posted: 11 Mar 2022 04:00 PM PST
    12/03/2022 – All Day
    The Napes, Wasdale
    The Napes
    Wasdale

Normally, this email is only an early warning, as nearer the event the meet leader will add more information using the forum system (which you are subscribed to).

The event calendar is stored in keswickmountaineeringclub.com/events.ics. Although each email client is different, most will allow you to import/display/subscribe to an event calendar like this and display it on your calendar. As an example, I have attached my calendar on my iPad.

You’ll see that I have subscribed to the KMC calendar on the left and one of the KMC scrambles is visible in my diary on the right.

Hope you find this useful! If not – apologies for one extra email in your inbox.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.