Home Forums Meet information and reports High Crag, Buttermere Tuesday 21 Jun 2022

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Jonathan Coles
    Participant

I expect to be at the crag at about 16.00. For car sharing from Cockermouth, or to meet at Gatesgarth, please e-mail me directly (colesjonathan3@gmail.com) or phone 01900 68227. (My mobile phone is not expensive enough to run WhatsAp.)
    Paid parking at Gatesgarth or, with luck, free by the Honister Road. Follow the big Scarth Gap path then turn right at a gate to follow the left side of a fence. Trend right and then go directly up to the crag over rough ground. See you there. Jonathan C.

#26150 Share
    Jonathan Coles
    Participant

Meet Report.
    As Midsummer’s Day ended, a band of golden sunlight appeared on the flank of Fleetwith Pike then spread to Green Crag, while a small cloud lit up over High Style. The stragglers coming down from the High Crag meet were moved to get out their phones and record this peaceful scene. Meanwhile, there are plans to build a rollercoaster in Little Langdale. Please consider the petition at https://chng.it/mpmxyfXdcN.
    We appreciated the clean, rough, rock and continuous difficulty of the three easiest climbs, Ludo, Nameless, and Artefact (HS-MVS), and only at the end were annoyed by midges in the windless air. The meet did not fully reflect the rejuvenated, post-Covid, KMC at its best though, as none ventured on the triple-star classics that are Delilah (VS), High Crag Buttress (HVS) and The Philistine (E1). But at least Jon Trotman and Richard Easton explored something new to us, arriving after having done Epaulette Ridge (MS), round the corner. Other participants were: Judith B, Geraint B, Roland J, Ian M., Matt, and Jonathan C.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.