Home Forums Meet information and reports Head End Quarry Meet Tuesday 20 Aug 2019

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Andrew Cannon
    Participant

Dear all,
    Just got back to sunny Cumbria.
    I’m meet leader for tomorrow’s visit to Headend Quarry (Ireby) and we’re on! The forecast thinks there might be sun in the morning and will be dry tomorrow afternoon. It dries very quickly up there as well.
    Anyone who wants a lift from Keswick – I’ll be setting off mid afternoon-ish, possibly earlier. Beer in the Black Lion, Ireby afterwards.
    For those who haven’t been before, I’ll post some photos from the guide on our Facebook page to help you find your way there.
    All the best
    Andy

#2796 Share
    Andrew Cannon
    Participant

Club meet, Headend Quarry 20 Aug
    Twelve intrepid explorers gambled on the weather and found the sun, great views and a little piece of summer (we’ll, almost…the crag was dry anyway). From mid-afternoon to beer o’clock we climbed almost all the 33 routes on the crag – a real success.
    The photos on our Facebook page show the fun we had (I’ll try to attach some here).
    (Climbers: Martin, Johnathan T, Johnathan K, Judith, Bob, Mark, Matt, Carol, David, Johnathan C, Phil and Andy).
    Andy C

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.