Home Forums Meet information and reports Head End Quarry, Ireby Tuesday 24 Aug 2021

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Stuart Watson

The Head End Quarry meet took place in warm sunny weather and was attended by 14 (unless I have forgotten someone): Dave H, Jon T, Michael K, Geraint B, Matt A, Aileen R, Tara M , Jonathan C, Stuart W, Celia W, Rob P, Judith B, Mark W, and Carol O. As the crag is only 8m high, everyone did a LOT of routes, so I won’t try and list them all – but most routes below HVS had an airing.

The meet was special for me, as it was the first outdoor climbing I had done for a year (I had a bad accident 1 year ago). Despite one arm and hand not working properly yet, I struggled up a couple of Diffs and a V. Diff – wow! Special thanks to Rob Prowse (who had joined the KMC while I was off recovering, so I didn’t know him – but obviously a very experienced and capable climber). He joined me and Celia to help us make our ascents – despite the fact that this meant he had to spend his evening on much easier routes than he would normally have chosen. It was great for me to catch up with so many of the KMC regulars.

It was great to see brand new members Tara and Aileen come for their first KMC meet. Both climbed really well (going up harder climbs than many of the regulars). Well done Jonathan for leading them up some great climbs.

We ended the evening with a drink at the Greyhound Inn in Bothel.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.