Home Forums Meet information and reports Head End Quarry, Ireby Tuesday 20 Apr-Tuesday 20 Apr 2021

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Andrew Cannon
    Participant

Meet Report: Head End Quarry, Sandale.
    20th April 2021

A fantastic 20 KMC climbers braved the long walk to climb in the thin air above Ireby. The 33 routes at Head End Quarry were well and truly blitzed with multiple ascents of many. Whilst many said they were rusty, the quality of climbing was impressive on some poorly protected and polished routes. Andrew managed his first outdoor lead – well done. Geraint smoothly flowed up the rock even though he’d not climbed for a couple of years. We welcomed a number of new (or fairly new) faces – some of whom had joined a while ago but we’d not met since the pandemic erupted. The pace that Mark was running up the limestone – I think he covered every route on the crag! It was also a delight to see Stuart at the crag with Celia. He’s leading the return leg at the end of the rock season.
    Al in all, it was great to see so many familiar and new faces – all coolly swanning up the rock as I huffed and puffed, scraping inelegantly upwards. Well done everyone – Bram Crag next week!
    The climbers (in no particular order as I’m doing well to get all your name right!): Rowland, Mark, Johnny, Celia, Mike, Stuart, John T, Bob, Geraint, Andrew S, Brendon, Johnathon, Steve P, Rowan, Jamie, Carol, Mark H & Ian. [if I’ve missed you, please let me know and I’ll add you to the list]
    Finally, my pint of beer in the Sun Inn, Bassenthwaite was memorable (it was about three years ago as the blooming pub was closed when I got there – typical!)
    Thanks everyone,
    Andy Cannon

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.