Home Forums Meet information and reports Grey Crag, Buttermere Saturday 18 Sep 2021

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    KMC Webmaster
    Keymaster

The forecast for Saturday is currently dry with a small chance of a shower. Recognising that the forecast can change day by day at this time of year I will monitor the weather and make a final go/no go decision late Thursday/Friday

Grey Crag has a good selection of quality routes up to 40m long on several buttresses which link well together to give a good days climbing across the grades. At the lower end the best routes are Mitre Buttress Direct(VD), Harrow Buttress(D), Slabs West(HS), Suaviter(S), Oxford and Cambridge Direct(MS), Dexter Wall(VS).

Approach: One and a half hour uphill walk from Gatesgarth Farm, perhaps less for the very fit. Alternatively walk from Buttermere, takes about 15 minutes longer

Parking: Gatesgarth Farm charges £4 to park but there are other places nearby.

Contact: If you would like to join me please let me know, DO NOT use the reply function provided in this email, instead contact me directly by email (markward1962@gmail.com) or text (07500155064)

Car Share: If you would like to car share from the Wigwams (Lakeland Business Park, Lamplugh Rd, Cockermouth) please include that in your response

Cheers

Mark

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.