Home Forums Meet information and reports Dolomites Saturday 2 Jul-Saturday 16 Jul 2022

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Judith Brown

I am sending out this information in order to gauge interest in this trip. Obviously, we do not know at this stage what travel restrictions may or may not apply.

The rough plan is to return to the area of Catinaccio/Rosengarten, which we last visited in 2019. We stayed at camping catinaccio, in Pol di Fassa. The site has pitches (which can be shared by small tents), also caravans and apartments for those wanting/needing more comfort.
    This proved to be a good base for Via Ferratas and climbs in the Catinaccio range, Latemar, Sella Towers and Marmolada. I am exploring the possibilities of other camp sites in the area, but at the moment their websites are geared to the ski season so it’s difficult to obtain info on summer prices and availability.

Depending on numbers wanting to come it might also be possible to explore shared apartments, though it should be noted that accommodation in the Dolomites is never cheap!

The main reason for communicating now is that Jet2 has some very reasonable flights available from Manchester to Venice flying out on Friday 1st July, returning Friday 15th (or more expensive but still reasonable returning on Sunday 17th).

The set up for these trips is usually that a group or groups fly out together and share car hire costs, but people can join in for as much or as little of the trip as they want. Whilst most people climb and do VFs, some folk come for the sun (not always guaranteed in the mountains) and the piazza! There are opportunities for walks and cycling and there is a considerable amount of interesting history and culture in the area.

Best airports for access to the Dolomites are Venice Marco Polo, Treviso and Verona – all about a half day drive away.

Anyway this is for starters and to whet your appetite but if anyone is interested in booking cheap flights now, please contact me at judithbrown3@aol.com

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.