Home Forums Meet information and reports Deepdale scramble Saturday 10 Jul-Saturday 10 Jul 2021

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
  • #13467 Share
    Judith Brown

    Hello Everyone – I am currently monitoring the weather forecast for the weekend, as it looks a bit unsettled. Hopefully we can make a decision by tomorrow evening.

    The proposed routes are both lie in Link Cove, high up Deepdale. If water levels are low we can attempt Link Cove Gill, three stars, with grade 3 and grade 2 options. Alternatively this can be be bypassed to reach the next routes directly. Again there is a choice of parallel routes – The Light Slabs, two stars, which goes at grade 1 or 2; or The Dark Slabs, two stars, going at grade 2 or 3. The routes merge higher up on the slopes of Greenhow End. The combination gives a substantial mountaineering day and people should feel at ease at moving over steep ground.

    Previously notified COVID regulations remain in force for this meet.

    Parking will be at a premium on a Saturday so there will be an early start. The closest parking is in a small layby adjacent to the telephone box at Deepdale Bridge. There is alternative parking either north of Deepdale Bridge at Patterdale (approx 1.5 Km), opposite the pub; or south at Cow Bridge (approx 1 km). The rendezvous point will be the telephone box at 9am.

    I will e-mail again once I have a more up-to-date weather forecast. But, in the meantime, if you have any queries, please get in touch – judithbrown3@aol.com.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.