Home Forums News BMC Lakes Area Access Representative for North Lakes area

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Jim Fairey

I am emailing you on behalf of the BMC.

Currently there is no access rep for the North Lakes area, which covers principally Borrowdale and Thirlmere, as well as Newlands, Bassenthwaite
    and Skiddaw Range.

I cover the Eden Valley and East Lakes and Ric Outhwaite covers the West Lakes (up to Buttermere) – and between us we cover the “bit in between”.

I have had a long association with Borrowdale and Thirlmere but due to various issues I want to just have Eden Valley (and East Lakes).

Needless to say various issues come up in Borrowdale (parking for Shepherds is well up that at the moment) and it would be good to have
    someone in the Keswick area or nearby who would be prepared to be the Access Rep for this area.

I would be grateful if you could put out the message that we are looking for an Access Rep for the area. One never know what issues turn up and a
    local knowledge is so important – but so rewarding as to what can be done to help with issues in the area.

I would be happy to discuss what is required with any one interested.

I have copied in others in the Lakes area as well as Rob who is the BMC Access officer based in Manchester.

May be daunting but is a good position to help with local climbing and access issues.

Yours sincerely

Ron Kenyon

ron@jaggedlakes.plus.com

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.