Home Forums Meet information and reports Autumn Amble – Back O’Skiddaw Saturday 11 Nov 2023

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Craig Oliver
    Participant

Super weather forecast for Saturday so the Back O’Skiddaw Autumn Able is on (update later this week if any change). Expect tremendous views over Skiddaw range, Bass lake and across the Solway Firth, 5 Wainwrights and a couple of Waterfalls.

Meet 9.30 at Longlands (Map Ref 266358) where there is parking for about 8 cars but it can be busy so lift share if you can. Also parking for a few cars just North of Lowthwaite (262357). Let me know if you’re coming or have any questions – craigdeboraholiver@yahoo.com or 07930 566960.

I’m happy to drive a car load from my home if anybody is passing Blindcrake, leaving here at 9 am sharp.

We’ll head North East from Longlands then turn up Charleton Gill and walk a loop taking in Little & Great Sca Fells, Meal Fell & Great Cockup with optional short detours up Brae Fell & Knott which would make it 5 Wainwrights for anybody in W bagging mode. Should be about 650m of ascent & 13 Km. Mostly decent paths but there are boggy areas, so wax those boots. We’ll retreat to The Sun Inn at Bass afterwards.

See you there I hope, Craig

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.