Home Forums Meet information and reports 20th Anniversary Barbeque Saturday 17 Aug 2019

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Stuart Watson

The barbeque, to celebrate the 20th anniversary of the club, was a huge success. We started with an afternoon walk up Low Fell and Fellbarrow. There are lovely views from Low Fell over Loweswater and Crummock Water and the weather stayed dry (if a bit breezy).

Several of us then availed ourselves of a shower at Curlbeck House and a much needed cup of tea. The rest of the group arrived for a 6pm start for the BBQ and the weather remained dry to allow us to sit outside and enjoy the great views. The food was amazing and in vast quantities and it was great to get together with good friends from the club; but also meet other halves. The wind eventually drove everyone inside and it was great that Claire and Mark have such a lovely home and were able to fit us all in to sit, eat, chat and eventually enjoy a musical soirée/singsong from Bob on ukelele, Jon on violin and Geraint on harmonica. A brilliant evening was had by all.

As we were there to celebrate 20 years of the club, I think it is worth saying thank you all the club officials and meet organisers who keep the club going – but especially to Jim for all the work he has done for the club over the last 20 years. THANK YOU!

On behalf of everyone present at the BBQ can I extend a HUGE THANK YOU to Claire and Mark for hosting the event. It involved a lot more work than they were prepared to admit (we left them with lots of clearing up to do) and Claire had made the biggest and most delicious pavlovas that I had ever tasted.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.