Home Forums Meet test forum Test forum post

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Mark Ward

Hi Mark

I’m not making much progress in getting around the anti-spam rules on our website and on most of the big sites such as Google/gmail. I’ll keep trying.

In the mean time, I have set up a website user called meetorganiser. It has a password meetorganiser. It has an email meetorganiser@keswickmountaineeringclub.com, also with password meetorganiser.

I have also set up a test forum called Meet test forum which has subscribers you and me via our own emails plus meetorganiser and webmaster (which get forwarded to you and me).

This topic (in forum Meet test topic) is to test whether emails go out ok if you are logged in as meetorganiser rather than markward.

You should receive the notification twice (one going to markward1962@gmail.com directly and one going to meetorganiser@keswickmountaineeringclub.com which is forwarded to markward1962@gmail.com). If it doesn’t work (e.g. you login as yourself instead of meetorganiser and send a forum post) then one of the two email notifications will probably end up in your junk/spam folder.
    Let me know if you receive 2 notifications (or 1 plus Junk/spam version).

If this post gets notified to you correctly (twice) then you should be able to post in other topics such as News and Meets (if logged in as meetorganiser) and have the emails delivered correctly. If you don’t get notified twice, you can try posting in Meet test forum but hold off on the big topics until we get to the bottom of the problem.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.