Home Forums Meet information and reports Gimmer Crag, Langdale Saturday 29 Jun 2024

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Cath Sullivan
    Participant

This Saturday’s meet (29th June) will be at Gimmer Crag. This large mountain crag, which can be reached in about 1-1.5 hours from Langdale, has a good selection of multi-pitch routes of all grades. Routes can easily be combined to make enchainments and there are a number of abseil and/or scrambling descents.

I plan to park at the Sticklebarn NT car park and walk up from there. Given the nature of the crag, I’d suggest that those of us who want to partner up meet at the car park so that we can pair up and sort gear before walking in. I’ll be at the car park for 830am, aiming to set off walking at 9am.

The weather for Saturday isn’t looking fantastic at the moment, but for now I will cross my fingers and hope that the forecast improves. I’ll update on WhatsApp on Friday with a final decision about whether this is going ahead.

If anybody wants any information beforehand or has any questions, feel free to email me (cathsullivan1@gmail.com) or contact me via the KMC General Chat

Looking forward to seeing lots of you there.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.